JOB TITLE: Editorial Assistant–Peer Review
DEPARTMENT: Global Services Division, SAGE India
REPORTS TO: Peer Review Supervisor, Global Services Division, SAGE India
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CREATION/REVIEW DATE: February 2022
1. Check submitted manuscripts in through SAGE Track by ensuring that they conform
to the submission criteria and are ready for the peer review process.
2. Invite, assign, and assist reviewers who need to complete their reviews through
3. Follow up with editors, associate editors (if applicable), reviewers and authors who
have not completed their tasks by the deadline defined in SAGE Track.
4. Ensure that authors of accepted manuscripts complete and submit the electronic
contributor form through SAGE Track.
5. Check accepted manuscripts to ensure that all the necessary components are
present and ready for the SAGE Production team prior to export. This includes, but
is not limited to, checking manuscripts to ensure that the author contact information
is up to date, all files are in an editable electronic format, permissions for copyrighted
material are collected, and references conform to the appropriate style (APA,
Chicago, ASA, AMA, CSE, etc.).
6. Export accepted manuscripts from SAGE Track to the SAGE Production Editor no
later than the article deadlines, as defined by the SAGE Production Editor.
7. Respond to queries from journal editors, associate editors (if applicable), authors,
reviewers, and SAGE staff.
8. Periodically run reports out of SAGE Track.
9. Troubleshoot to ensure that each SAGE Track site is functioning properly
10. Keep SAGE Track sites up-to-date and in line with global initiatives and standards.
11. Work with US and UK staff to implement selected sites that are not already live.
1. Handle submissions based on the numbers mentioned in the yearly WAP per year
following the successful completion of your training, which will be transitioned to you
in a phased manner.
2. Respond to any email inquiries from journal editors, associate editors (if applicable),
authors, reviewers, and other SAGE staff within 24 hours of receipt (excluding
weekends and holidays only), and respond in a clear, articulate, and organized manner.
3. Occasional correspondence with the support staff at ScholarOne may be necessary
to troubleshoot issues within SAGE Track.
4. Assist the journal editor and/or SAGE staff with any projects or initiatives, as
Page 1 of 3
5. Refer to and adhere to the Journal Editor’s Guide to assigned journals
6. Meet or exceed the productivity standards for the EA–Peer Review position.
Act as a Liaison Between SAGE and Journal Editors:
1. Communicate in a professional and personable manner with editors, associate
editors (if applicable), authors, reviewers, and other SAGE staff on any issues
concerning their journal.
2. Problem solve on issues involving the journal as required.
3. Closely monitor, manuscript progress as manuscripts move through the steps of the
4. Please forward your supervisor any communication that you receive from
editors/authors that is tense or volatile in nature, also, please feel free to send your
supervisor any positive words and praise you receive from editors and authors.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Contribute ideas and give feedback in a concise and productive way
2. Be available to provide support to peer review team members on select journals as
needed and defined by the supervisor
3. Participate in projects, committees, or task forces as assigned by departmental
4. Willingly contributes work and efforts to achieve group success. Participates actively
in team decision making. Works well with other team members and does not
contribute to unproductive group conflict
5. Communicate effectively with all; helpful and cooperative; should be courteous and
6. Engage in other activities, as needed, to achieve company and department goals
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
0-1 year relevant experience in Publishing Industry.
Additional Information (NOT TO BE AMENDED)
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be
able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in
business operational, procedural, or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove, or
amend/change the accountabilities for this role, and you should be aware that this job
description is not exhaustive, and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and
activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We
value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range
Page 2 of 3
Name and Signature ______________________________
Name and Signature ______________________________
Page 3 of 3
Job Description: Flt. Ops. related delays : Tracking, analysis and investigations. Pilots’ training: Co-ordination with pilots/training team for receiving/handing over/onward...Apply For This Job
Date Opened: Nov 2, 2022 Location: IN Company: Allstate Insurance Company Job Description To review medical records of claimant and...Apply For This Job
Customer Services Branch Audit Health Management File Disbursement Cash Handling...Apply For This Job
The Role Typically: Manages one or more tactical information and data projects. Influences stakeholders in adopting analyses / outcomes. Conducts...Apply For This Job
Job Description While deployed in the field, the airborne sensor operator is responsible for operating airborne remote sensors or cameras...Apply For This Job
Job Description Form Role/Job Title – Bank Authorizer Business – Retail Banking Job Purpose The role entails working towards achievement...Apply For This Job