Job Description – Optometrist
1. Patient to be greeted & welcomed and comfortably seated giving special care for physically and mentally challenged.
2. Self introduction and the brief note about the purpose of visit to the Optometrist room to be given.
3. Before performing each test a brief note to be provided to the patient about the same.
4. Complete ocular history to be obtained courteously and documented fully – present & past, allergies, relevant history involving occupation, headache, contact lens, family, systemic condition, pediatric, medications and treatments. Recent ocular and systemic investigation results to be documented in the EMR system without fail.
5. Previous glass power to be obtained/ checked with the Lensometer and documented with date of last change of spectacles.
6. Visual acuity assessment to be done monocularly – uncorrected and with previous spectacles; improvement with pin hole if VA is less than 6/9 to be recorded and documented. Visual acuity measurement to be documented both for distance and near both with and without correction. Use an occluder while assessing visual acuity.
7. Retinoscopy to be done for each eye and documented immediately – any observation about the nature of the reflex to be documented for each eye separately. Ensure that the Retinoscope light is bright and its batteries full charged/ replaced on time.
8. Auto-Refractometer to be done for each eye and documented.
9. Subjective refraction – to be done monocularly by using appropriate techniques and then balanced binocularly using appropriate techniques. After completing subjective refraction optometrists should compare their findings with PGP and mention patient’s response in the final refraction value. Ensure that the trial frames are properly aligned and all screws tight
10. Orthoptic evaluation to be done with previous spectacles and with the new prescription and the findings to be documented.
11. Slit lamp examination/ Torch light examination to be done for both eyes and documented.
12. Intra Ocular Pressure to be recorded (with a clean and sterile tip of Tonometer) for both eyes for all patients above the age of 18 or even younger whenever possible especially if there is a family history of Glaucoma. The instrument used and the time of recording should be documented.
13. Patient to be sent for dilatation if the AC depth is within normal limits; Cycloplegic refraction to be advised whenever indicated with consultant approval.
14. Ophthalmoscopy to be done and documented (Optional)
15. Brief counselling to be done about the status of the patient’s eyes and various treatment options that are available based on the scope of the tests performed
16. To be referred to the concerned Ophthalmologist/ Department for further evaluation and management.
17. Wear clean, washed & ironed coats all the time when at work place.
18. Ensure that the Vision charts are clean and are adequately illuminated.
19. Record and maintain daily work sheet (optimum report)
20. Follow Clinical audit protocols and maintain the record.
21. Handle all instruments delicately and with utmost care.
Contact On: 9869656869
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹15,000.00 – ₹25,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
1.Qualification: GNM, BS.c 2.Minimum 1 year experience required in the field 3.Have Good communication skills 4.Nursing License (Preferred) Job Types:...Apply For This Job
– To make the patient comfortable and collect blood samples from OP & IP as per the time schedule and...Apply For This Job
B2B Business model, telemarketing of dental pharma products to dentists and dental clinics, proficiency in mobile apps, 9 to 5...Apply For This Job
Urgent Opening for Home Care Nurses in SPERO HEALTHCARE INNOVATIONS PVT. LTD. @ Pune Location Responsibilities and Duties Home Health...Apply For This Job
Job description Roles and Responsibilities Contributing clinical expertise to patient care. Performing administrative duties and risk management. Ensuring the highest...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Junior Associate Location: TRIL GTC Chennai GCL: C1 Job Purpose We are looking for a Data Engineer who...Apply For This Job